Do you need to disassemble a couch but do not know where to begin? Breaking down the old sofa into smaller pieces can help you with getting rid of it easily. If you have rented a dumpster to dispose of the furniture, this can help you to save a lot of space for other items. The best part is that disassembling a couch is not that hard as it sounds, and we will show you how to do it in 5 easy steps.
Before starting, make sure you have the right tools to disassemble your couch. The tools that you need are very basic, and most of them are usually available in the home garage. Some of the tools you need are a screwdriver, box cutter, handsaw, and a nail puller claw.
- The first step here is to remove the cushions. If they are loose, then set them aside right away, and if they are attached, then leave them until you remove the upholstery. If you are breaking down a sofa bed, then the first thing here is to remove the mattress. After removing the mattress, unscrew the hinge arms that connect the metal frame to the rest of the bed to remove it.
- To break down the couch’s frame, you will have to remove the upholstery. If you want to save the fabric, then remove the upholstery with a staple puller or else just cut the fabric with a scissor or hand. Now you can remove the attached cushions with a box cutter.
- Now it’s time to remove the legs. You can either use a screwdriver or a saw to do so.
- Breaking down the rest of the frame depends on the type you have. For that, you can use different types of screw heads to dismantle the parts or cut them with a handsaw.
- Now the last step is to find the right method to dispose of the debris.
If you need a dumpster service to handle the disposal, call Waste Solutions USA at (832) 808-4755.