Concrete is a significant part of projects such as demolition, construction, and remodeling. But usually, the people involved are pretty busy and cannot get rid of the leftover debris when needed — this is when dumpster rental services can be useful. With the help of dumpster rental services, you can remove concrete, wood, steel, tiling, and other kinds of debris. When it comes to concrete, in particular, there are many advantages to removing it. Learn how concrete waste disposal could be beneficial for the planet in this blog!
5 Ways Concrete Waste Disposal Benefits the Planet
Concrete waste occupies a lot of space in the landfill, and its size, as well as volume, has become a problem for many. By recycling concrete, you allow the debris out of the landfill and help it become useful for the planet. Instead of being treated as trashed, it is remade into something useful, which saves costs, among other benefits.
Concrete waste disposal does not, in any way, mean that the debris will be picked up only to be thrown on another land —- no, in fact, concrete is usually recycled and used in many ways. Here are a few benefits of proper concrete waste disposal:
- Road Construction: Even small and seemingly useless pieces of concrete hold value- as they can be used in road construction projects. When a new road is being built, first, the sub-based gravel is laid down. And on top of the gravel layer, asphalt or concrete is poured is laid. That’s not all — after breaking concrete pavements, they can be used as a base layer for asphalt pavement instead in a process called rubblization.
- Concrete Aggregate: The uses of crushed concrete are many; for instance, you can use it as a dry aggregate for brand-new concrete, given that it contains no contaminants. Moreover, you might even be able to use recycled concrete aggregate for specific applications, depending on where you live. Some places even approve using recycled concrete aggregate as aggregate concrete in the construction of curbs, sidewalks, gutters, and more.
- Riprap: Larger pieces of concrete, too, are pretty useful. As riprap revetments, larger concrete pieces are effective and renowned methods used to control stream bank erosion. Furthermore, you can spot the material along eh shoreline, near the ditch pipe, and in a lot of landscaping projects. In general, the material is broken down further into 10 and 18-inch pieces.
- Landscaping Products: Well-graded and aesthetically appealing material can be developed to be used as a replacement for landscaping stone or aggregate. Urbanite refers to some types of reused concrete, constructing benches, garden walls, raised beds, paths, patios, and rockeries, as well as foundations for terraces. Hence, concrete waste disposal can help bring someone’s dream landscape to life!
- Gabion Construction: You know what else reusing concrete is good for? Crushed concrete can be filled and stacked in wire gabions, also known as cages, providing economical retaining walls. You can use these gabions to protect structures such as embankments. Plus, you can make use of even bigger crushed and recycled concrete. The weight and density of the gabions allow them to function well.
Let’s Pick Up Our Trash & Save the Planet Today
Are you currently participating or planning to work on a project involving concrete? Dial (832) 808-4755 to rent our waste disposal services and help the planet. Waste Solutions USA is here at your service!